You're expecting a new baby! Whether this is your first baby or your 5th, it's always a special time when you share the news of your impending arrival. If you're looking for fun, creative ways to announce your pregnancy then you've come to the right place! We've got lots of great ideas for making your pregnancy reveal special!
Zoey's Attic is a great place to find fun and creative products for:
and lots of other great ways to tell the world you are expecting. We specialize in new babies and making sure their announcement into the world is a special one!
|Here are some great ideas on how to spread the news to different members of the family:
Put a teddy bear in the front seat of your husband’s vehicle, seat belt the bear in with a card of Congratulations.
Cook dinner just for the two of you. Make it romantic nice time with no other children around if possible and make the dinner a theme. Try baby back ribs or baby portabella mushrooms and mini cornish game hens or baby shrimp and baby carrots. Get creative and then after dinner give him a present with a little bib that says "I Love My Daddy" or daddy to be.
Let your other children share the news! If you have an older child, buy him or her a t-shirt that says "Future Big Brother" or "Future Big Sister." That will definitely get your little ones excited about being in on the secret and then your "secret" won't be a secret anymore. We have a special "I have a secret" line of t shirts, sweatshirts, baseball style jerseys, onesies, bibs, teddy bears and more for your secret big brother or secret big sister.
Show off the ultrasound picture. You will likely have an ultrasound in the first trimester (during the first 13 weeks of pregnancy). This can be a fun way to announce your pregnancy. You can tell friends and loved ones that you have a picture that you want to show them. Watch for their surprise when you show them the ultrasound photo of your soon-to-be-born little one!
Send them a special pregnancy announcement postcard. You can do especially cure announcement cards if you have a holiday or birthday coming up. One good idea is to address the card to the grandma to be or aunt or uncle to be. It may be confusing, but if you sign the card from the new baby with the due date it will be a super special surprise!
Give them something cool as a gift! You can wrap up a lot of different things: baby bibs, pacifiers, baby food jars, bottles, booties and give them those as presents. If you are making your special pregnancy announcement around the Christmas holiday, you could put some of the items above in a Christmas stocking or Santa hat.
Announcing a pregnancy this easter? Easter is a great time to spread the news since there are so many cute little things you can do. You could put little baby things in an easter egg like little booties pacifiers or fill an easter basket with baby things and put cute t shirt for whoever you are spreading the news to and place it inside the Easter basket, for ex. "grandma-to-be" or "i love my aunt".
Let your other children share the news! If you have an older child, buy him or her a t-shirt that says "Future Big Brother" or "Future Big Sister." That will definitely get your little ones excited about being in on the secret and then your "secret" won't be a secret anymore. We have a special "I have a secret" collection of t shirts, sweatshirts, baseball style jerseys, onesies, bibs, teddy bears and more for your secret big brother or secret big sister.
Put up a sign in your car or a bumper sticker that says "Caution - Baby On Board" and see how long it takes anyone to notice or you could get that written on a t-shirt and wear it to your next family get together. That will give everyone something to talk about over dinner.
If you want to announce your pregnancy to friends and family who are long distance, you can mail them a pregnancy announcement card giving them all the details (such as your pregnancy due date and even a picture of your pregnant belly).
When making the announcement of you pregnancy to your family and friends arrive at a gathering with a shirt on which makes a statement of your impending newborn. As soon as you arrive and take your coat off, you will be greeted with much excitement.
Get a t-shirt that says "grandma to be ", or "one cool grandpa", wrap it up and give it to them for a birthday, father's day, mother's day or anytime presnet. They will get the hint and they will always treasure the gift as a reminder of that special time.
If this is not your first child and especially if this is the Christmas season, you may want to tell the grandparents to be that they will need to add another gift to their Christmas list next year. When you new baby will be the first grandchild in the family, it is great to get a bracelet link for your mom, that reads, # 1 Grandma, or a grandparent's t-shirt is good also. This is more than just a fun present for the moment, but is one, which will serve as a memento to be cherished for years to come.
Holidays are a great time to announce a pregnancy! It doesn't have to be a major holiday - there are lots of good occasions for announcing a new baby or addition to the family, plus you could always buy a shirt that matches when the baby will be due so friends and family will know a 4th of July baby is on the way!
- Valentine's day makes a great time to share the love! Announce not just the love for each other, but for a new life in the making. We have Valentine's day shirts and gifts for pregnancy announcements, big brothers and big sisters, mommy to be, daddy to be and more! Also great if your due date is around or on Valentine's Day - what a great way to announce your pregnancy and give them a hint to when the new little bundle will arrive! Shop Valentine's Day now >
- St. Patrick's day pregnancy announcements can be especially fun for the Irish and Irish-at-heart. Who doesn't love a little shamrock or leprechaun!
- Easter is a great time to announce a pregnancy. With the family gathering, you can tell everyone in a clever and unique way!
- Mother's Day - one of the best times we can think of for announcing a pregnancy. Give your mom the best present of all on mother's day - a new grandchild! Make sure to also check out our Grandma to be t-shirts, perfect for announcing a new grandchild to the grandma to be.
- Father's Day - this can be a double whammy! You can let the daddy to be know he's going to become a father (again maybe) on this day and also give the grandpa to be a gift of a new grandbaby! Make sure to also check out our Grandpa to be t-shirts, perfect for announcing a new grandchild to the grandpa to be.
- 4th of July - this may not be the first time that comes to your mind when announcing your pregnant, but think about all the barbeque's and friend and family get together's that make for the perfect opportunity to spread the news.
- Halloween pregnancy announcements can be super cute! You can create lil' pumpkin cards, t shirts or tell everyone at the next friend halloween party. The costume can say it all!
- Thanksgiving pregnancy announcements -what better thing to give thanks for then a new little life in the making. When all the family is gathered at the table you can give them each a little card to open or present with the news!
- Christmas - the ultimate baby announcement time! There are so many ways to announcing your pregnancy on Christmas, we've created a special page just devoted to Christmas pregnancy announcements!
If you have other ideas or unique ways that you've announced your pregnancy, send them to us! If we use your comments, we'll send you a free Zoey's Attic onesie!